Monday, September 7, 2009

goodbye to my favorite summer.

i am so ready for school to start.
i know it sounds crazy, but i am actually excited for school to start.
nervous yes, but excited. 

this summer has been the best and the most life changing of any other summer in my entire life. I grew up and became more of the person I will be for the rest of my life and less of the child that I was for the last sixteen years. It used to scare me that I am not the same as I was on June 18th, 2009. But now, looking back on my summer, I realized that those changes did not come from me moving away from who I am as a person, but from moving closer.


This summer I had the most amazing time. Oxford was the best experience of my life, one I hold to me so dearly it is unparalleled with any other experience. It seems so far in the past now, almost so much that it scares me to death. I miss my oxford family.

Tomorrow, I will step into Rindge and become a Junior in high school. The most important year. Many of my peers complain it will 'suck ass' and be 'awful' but I like a challenge. I like the thrill of assignments and work and learnAlign Righting. I like progress. I also like the social aspect- I miss seeing people every day. I have amazing classes and tomorrow will bring me one step closer to being in them.

This summer I really discovered who I am. My limits, my boundaries, but also how far I am willing to go on things and what I am willing to give up. I am much more aware of what I want in life, both socially and educationally. I finally got my cartilage pierced. I found out what it's like to be dumped, and it sucks. it's painful and really really embarrassing, but it's also relieving and liberating. 



goodbye summer. goodbye sleeping in and staying up late and fun.


hello rest of my life, hello finally being a junior, hello ALMOST BEING SEVENTEEN!


AHHHHHHHHHH.


No comments: